Friday, July 9, 2010

Walgreens Trip July 9th

So I wasn't supper excited about Walgreens ads this week, but needed to go to town to get some things for our birthday parties tomarrow- my husband's and my daughter Kellie's 2. I am so glad I went! I could have done better, but it was really really late and needed to get going in order to get everything done I needed. My sister was with me with her new baby so I had her purchase my first transaction since she was going to check out while I was still shopping.



(Forgot to put the 4 dove deodorants in the picture as well, whoops!)

She bought me:
Oral B Advanced Toothbrush $2.99
Used: $2mgf
OOP: $.99 received $1 RR

Transaction 2:
6 bags Purina cat/dog food $1.99
4 Scotch pop up dispeners $1.09
1 Dawn 10.3oz dish soap $.99
2 hand soaps (we were in need of some more!)
1 Colgate toothpaste
1 Colgate toothbrush
2 Kellogg Rice Krispie Treats

Used:
6 $2 Puina mgf
4 $1 scotch tape mgf
1 $1 dawn mgf
1 $.75 colgate toothpaste mgf
1 $.75 colgate toothbrush mgf
2 $1 Kellogg rice krispie treat mgf
1 $1 Oral B RR
Total OOP: $8.29 Savings of $38.40
Received: $2 Colgate RR, $2 Kellogg RR

Transaction 3:
1 Oral B Advanced Toothbrus $2.99
4 Lifesavers bags $2.29 B1G1 free
2 Cheeze it cracker boxes
Used:
1 $2 Oral B mgf
3 $1 Lifesavers mgf
2 $1 Cheeze it crackers
Total OOP: $6.02
Received: $2 Kellogg RR, $1 Oral B RR

Transaction 4:
4 Dove deodrants 4/$15
Used:
4 $1.50 Dove mgf
Total OOP: 9.90
Receied: $5 Dove RR

I had a grand total OOP of: $24.21 but received $12 in RR. I should have split my colgate toothpaste and toothbush purchases to received another $2 RR and I could have added a few fillers to cut down my OOP, but like I said we were in a hurry and it was first time shopping with a new baby for my sister. If I subtract my RR from my OOP I only spent $.44 per item!

I am hoping to go back in tomarrow, well-today, and use my RR to get some Febreeze prodocts so I can turn in that mail in rebate. I would also like to get some Kebbler Cub crackers and cookies for some more RR. So far I had a total savings of: $60.44! I had one more bag of the Purina dog food also, but my coupon beeped. It was a mfg coupon with a target logo on it. I thought we could use them anywhere since they said mgf coupon, but he said it could only be used at Target. Does anyone know if this is true?

My sister who doesn't coupon grabbed a few things for her husband to go home and make some pizzas and received a $2RR that she didn't even know she was going to get. As she was walking around with me she found that Kellogg Special K, I believe, was on sale and she had a coupon for $1 off. Told her how to use her RR and she was super excited to get 2 boxes of Special K cereal for only $2! Maybe I will get her hooked on couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment